This week, I read Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie. Overall, It was hard to read because there are a lot of characters in a story. The relationships between the characters keep increasing and get complicated, so sometimes it was a bit hard to follow the story. The view of the world and the characters the writer created are very fresh and unfamiliar as well. The new words like Fleet, Ancillaries, Nilt, and Radch pop up from the first page of this novel. At first, I needed time to get used to this new world, but at some point, I found myself empathizing with the speaker and experiencing the vast universe. A first-person narrator of this story is artificial intelligence, Breq, who still thinks that there are a lot of incomprehensible behaviors humans do, although it has been living 19 years with a human body. Breq must follow the command of her creator, the Radch’s monarch, but by a series of events, now she acts by her own free will. It can be read just as the er...

Comments
Post a Comment